There are some weekends where you’re all alone at home and have to forcibly cook something to bust your appetite. Last Sunday was one of those days for me. So I decided to put on my chef’s thinking hat on and cook up a little something.
Here’s what you need
1 /2 Cup Maida ( All Purpose Flour)
A pinch of Baking Soda
A pinch of Salt
Sugar to taste ( I used around 2 tbsp of Sugar)
1 Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
2 tbsp butter.
1) In a big bowl, whisk together maida, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
2) In another bowl, beat one egg till fluffy. Now pour the milk and give it a good whisk till its frothy and a tbsp of butter.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well till you get a thick consistency
4) Ready your Waffle Iron. Most waffle irons come with indicators. So heat the iron till the indicator turns green.
5) Once your iron is hot, brush it with melted butter, you’ll hear the butter crackling.
6) Next, pour in the batter with a deep spoon and allow to cook till ready.
7) A good indicator of the waffles being ready is a slightly brown tinge on the top.